A county in Strathmore passed a resolution with the following demands of the Federal government:
"The motion calls for the province’s withdrawal from the Canada Pension Plan, a start to collecting it’s own income tax, the end of equalization payments, Senate reform, replacing the RCMP and better control over immigration into Alberta".This is what we want. And it's not preposterous, Quebec has already dumped the CPP and RCMP, and has made inroads on the taxes front! So to summarize this motion, we demand:
- Withdrawal from the CPP
- Dump the RCMP. We want an Alberta Police force.
- That Alberta collects income tax; Not the Feds!!
- An end to equalization payments. Or put another way, End Provincial Welfare where some provinces support other provinces.
- Triple E Senate. This is to protect us from the potential tyranny of democracy. The USA has an electoral college system that accomplishes this, we have a Senate. But the Senate is broken.
- Immigration reform.
Basically, get the heck out of provincial jurisdiction.
And may I add some extras that this article missed:
- Dump the deficit and the debt. Stop overspending and pay if off! We will not let you destroy us with your incompetent budgets. We must live within our means.
- Shrink the Feds.
- Dump the CBC.
- Dump some governmental departments. There are 26 of them!! Are these really needed. Kill the bureaucracy. Let me give you an example of the stupid here by looking at just one department: The Atlantic Canada Opportunities Agency. Yes, that's an actual thing. And what does it do? Well:
As you can see, this entire department is an intrusion of the Federal government into private business. There is a name for that, it's called crony capitalism, and it is the base economic engine of fascism (another proper term would be systemic governmental corruption). It is not the Government of Canada's responsibility to pick winners and losers from the private sector and to use the public purse to help one private company dominate and bankrupt it's competitors.The Atlantic Canada Opportunities Agency works to create opportunities for economic growth in Atlantic Canada by helping businesses become more competitive, innovative and productive, by working with diverse communities to develop and diversify local economies, and by championing the strengths of Atlantic Canada.